Trademark Brand Analysis With Screening Search
Included in Service
An Origami Legal attorney will search:
- the U.S. federal trademark database for registrations and applications that are an exact match for your proposed trademark, and
- the web, using one or more search engines, to identify potential unregistered conflicts using one or more search engines to identify obvious conflicts.
You will receive a report that:
- Identifies and analyzes any conflicts that were discovered in the course of the attorney’s search which we believe may interfere with your proposed trademark’s registerability or ability to function as a trademark in the U.S.,
- Analyzes whether any other issues of law are likely to prevent your proposed trademark from functioning as a trademark or obtaining a registration in the U.S., and
- Provides recommendations regarding whether to proceed with your proposed trademark and, if so, whether an application to register the trademark is advisable and likely to succeed.
Excluded from Service
This service does not include any of the following:
- A search of any of the following for conflicts (these items are included in an Brand Analysis With Enhanced Search):
- state business registration databases,
- popular social media apps and websites,
- domain availability, or
- state trademark databases.
- Identifying conflicts in countries other than the U.S.
- An application to register your trademark, which is available as a separate service.
Disclaimers and Limitations
A screening search is the most limited search we offer. It is designed to identify obvious issues with your proposed trademark and may miss conflicts or other issues that an Enhanced Search would identify. We only recommend relying on a screening search when a client has an extremely limited budget or is considering multiple trademarks and wants to eliminate any obviously unusable trademarks prior to commissioning a more thorough search of one or more marks that are not eliminated at the screening stage. If you desire more certainty, please contact us about an Enhanced Search before you proceed.