Trademark Brand Analysis With Enhanced Search
Included in Service
An Origami Legal attorney will search:
- the U.S. federal trademark database for registrations and applications that are an exact match for your proposed trademark
- state business registration databases,
- popular social media apps and websites,
- domain availability,
- state trademark databases, and
- the web, using one or more search engines, to identify potential unregistered conflicts using one or more search engines to identify obvious conflicts.
You will receive a report that:
- Identifies and analyzes any conflicts that were discovered in the course of the attorney’s search which we believe may interfere with your proposed trademark’s registerability or ability to function as a trademark in the U.S.,
- Analyzes whether any other issues of law are likely to prevent your proposed trademark from functioning as a trademark or obtaining a registration in the U.S., and
- Provides recommendations regarding whether to proceed with your proposed trademark and, if so, whether an application to register the trademark is advisable and likely to succeed.
Excluded from Service
This service does not include any of the following:
- Identifying conflicts or legal issues in countries other than the U.S., or
- An application to register your trademark, which is available as a separate service.
Disclaimers and Limitations
Unfortunately, even the most thorough search cannot guarantee that it will identify every possible conflict – the nature of U.S. trademark law makes this impossible. While we stand by our Enhanced Search service, we cannot guarantee that the search will fail to surface a conflict. Additionally, while we stand by our analysis, many matters of trademark law are subjective, and we cannot guarantee a judge or a USPTO examining attorney will agree with our analysis. While these limitations are a reality for any law firm, we stand by the analysis we produce and you should feel confident in making decisions based on the recommendations we provide.